ACR Survival Craft Radar Search and Rescue Transponder (SART)
The Pathfinder Pro is a fully approved Search and Rescue Transponder (SART) that complies with IMO SOLAS regulations.
The Pathfinder Pro is a fully approved Search and Rescue Transponder (SART) that complies with IMO SOLAS regulations. When interrogated by radar, the Pathfinder Pro returns 12 intense blips back to the vessels radar screen, greatly enhancing search and rescue efforts. The superior lithium battery provides over 96 hours of operating life in standby mode (waiting to be interrogated by radar) and 12 hours of active operating life (while interrogated by radar).
The Pathfinder Pro comes with a sleek wall mount to keep this compact SART out of the way, yet readily accessible in an emergency. The attached telescopic pole conveniently connects to the bottom of the SART and provides for maximum height and visibility out of a life craft. The SART can also be suspended inside the craft for hands free usage.
A Search and Rescue Transponder (SART) is mandatory for all commercial vessels that must conform to GMDSS, and any vessel carrying more than one life raft.
*Any IMO SOLAS vessel on international voyages are required to carry a SART
*300-500 Gross Register Tonnage (GRT) must carry a minimum of 1 SART
*Over 500 Gross Register Tonnage (GRT) must carry a minimum of 2 SARTs
*1 SART for every four life rafts on Ro-Ro passenger vessels
- Enhances radar returns with 12 intense blips, whereby the first blip represents the SARTs location
- Unit transmits through the 9.2-9.5 GHz band marine radar when interrogated by radar
- Vessel mounting bracket and collapsible pole
- Compact 8.94 x 2.56 Inches (227 mm x 65 mm) unit easily packs into life raft
- Waterproof to 10 meters (33 ft)
- Non-Hazmat Lithium battery (5-year replacement life) operates for over 96 hours in standby mode plus an additional 12 operational hours
- Worldwide certifications; complies with IMO, MED, FCC and IEC standards
- Operational Life - 96 hours in stand-by mode; in excess of 12 hours in operational mode
- Application: mandatory requirement for all vessels governed by GMDSS; any yacht or vessel carrying more than one life raft to accommodate crew and passengers